Prepare Your Heart with 15 Beautiful Quotes on Giving Birth
The process of giving birth is painful and it starts from the wave of emotions that hits a woman through her period of pregnancy, followed by various hardships and pain of labor.
Yes, you can read all the books, attend every class, and ask for all the advice, but you don't know what labor and delivery is truly like until you've experienced it.
Luckily, there are empowering quotes about giving birth that can fill even the most nervous of pregnant women with a sense of calm and purpose.
1. “The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."
— Bob Parsons Photo credits: Monet Nicole
2. “Birth isn't something we suffer, but something we actively do and exult in."
— Sheila Kitzinger Photo credits: Monet Nicole
3. “There is no force equal to that of a determined woman."
— Author unknown Photo credits: Monet Nicole
4. “The wisdom and compassion a woman can intuitively experience in childbirth can make her a source of healing and understanding for other women."
— Stephen Gaskin Photo credits: Monet Nicole
5. “There is a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong."
— Laura Stavoe Harm Photo credits: Monet Nicole
6. “Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers — strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength."
— Barbara Katz Rothman Photo credits: Monet Nicole
7. “A strong intention, a relaxed body and an open mind are the main ingredients for an active birth."
— Janet Balaskas Photo credits: Monet Nicole
8. “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves."
— Myla + Jon Kabat-Zinn Photo credits: Monet Nicole
9. “Birth is an opportunity to transcend. To rise above what we are accustomed to, reach deeper inside ourselves than we are familiar with, and to see not only what we are truly made of, but the strength we can access in and through birth."
— Marcie Macari Photo credits: Monet Nicole
10. “Giving birth should be your greatest achievement, not your greatest fear."
— Jane Weideman Photo credits: Monet Nicole
11. “Let choice whisper in your ear and love murmur in your heart. Be ready. Here comes life."
— Maya Angelou Photo credits: Monet Nicole
12. “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation."
— Pamela S. Nadav Photo credits: Monet Nicole
13. “When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change."
— Marie F. Mongan, founder of HypnoBirthing Photo credits: Monet Nicole
14. “The purpose exceeds the pain."
— Beth Moore Photo credits: Monet Nicole
15. “Just as a woman's heart knows how and when to pump, her lungs to inhale, and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth."
— Virginia DiOrio Photo credits: Monet Nicole
16. “Whenever and wherever you intend to give birth, your experience will impact your emotions, your mind, your body, and your spirit for the rest of your life.”
- Ina May Gaskin Photo credits: Monet Nicole